[Mailing #65] Slow progress

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #65] Slow progress

Post by btc24refund » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:52 am

Dear BTC-24 victims,

It's been a while since the last update.
Quite frankly progress has been slow unfortunately. In the last mailing I mentioned that a document had to be translated and re-submitted. After re-submitting the document; a new list of documents were yet again requested from the bank.

In response to that there was contact between the director in charge of this case and Simon's lawyer. The bank seem to be very reluctant to settle this; which, in a way, is good as there is a lot of money at stake. In short though, they needed more verification.

That latest status is that a UK treasury solicitor has declared by writing that the funds belongs to BTC 24 Ltd. The process of getting that declaration and the sluggish communication between Santander and Simon's lawyer took a lot of time.

In recap, right now the funds is stored on a "technical bankaccount" which isn't accessible. When that writing from the solicitor arrives (which apparently can take weeks), I expect that access will be granted. Should that finally happen, we can hopefully enter the next phase.

In closing, Simon stated that he will set up the website and post an announcement when this step is finally done.

Regards,
Jeff

Mr-Herbert

Re: [Mailing #65] Slow progress

Post by Mr-Herbert » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm

I wish everybody a lot of success for recovering their funds!

Personally, I only got aware of BTC-24's failure a couple of weeks ago when I tried to log in to verify 5 bitcoins which I bought back in 2013. Is there any way to recover my coins? I still have access to the associated e-mail and likely still have the password.

I cannot login anywhere to access my coins.

Izi

Post by Izi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Mr-Herbert wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Personally, I only got aware of BTC-24's failure a couple of weeks ago when I tried to log in to verify 5 bitcoins which I bought back in 2013. Is there any way to recover my coins? I still have access to the associated e-mail and likely still have the password.

Forget about it is the short answer. You can read the forum and you'll find the answers, don't be lazy.

bruegge

Post by bruegge » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:00 am

Izi wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Mr-Herbert wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Forget about it is the short answer. You can read the forum and you'll find the answers, don't be lazy.
Hi IZi,

why do you think that?
I think there is still a small chance to get them back! Still waiting what Simon says...

Greetz

Bruegge

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm

As it stands at the moment, Simon is still awaiting response from the director of the polish bank to have a meeting. The deadline for that meeting has passed so I'm doing my best to find out about the current status. When I have an update, I'll send out another mailing.