[Mailing #60] Minor update about current state

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #60] Minor update about current state

Post by btc24refund » Tue May 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Dear BTC-24 victims,

As you are aware, end of 2017 the prosecutor has stopped his investigation meaning funds would have to be released on a short notice. I've learned that he still has not received this outcome of the investigation. His attempt to retrieve the funds from his Polish bank account has also failed since apparantly the prosecutor also needs to send the verdict to the bank. Naturally I've double checked this with our lawyer and it appears Simon speaks the truth in not having received this outcome.

The problem lies at that the prosecutor has send the outcome to his old lawyer, which has declined the post package. There were no follow-up attempts by the prosecutor as far as I understand. It was logical to decline the package since he no longer works for Simon. Attempts by Simon to contact the prosecutor failed; this is somewhat odd since our lawyer seems to have less problems with that. Then again, Simon has a foreign lawyer as far as I know.

I've asked our lawyer a couple of times what options there are. Seeing that this is dragging on for a while now, the lawyer will file a motion at the prosecutor as to finally make sure this verdict gets sent.
Again, still not the news we're hoping for. Other than this, I did receive wording on numerous occasssions from Simon that he still plans on returning the funds. Supposedy this is "just" a promise; I don't recall other exchange owners (Vircurex, Cryptsy, Mt Gox to some extend) making such a promise in writing.

As always, as soon as I know more, I'll inform you right away.

Regards,
Jeff

user4164

Re: [Mailing #60] Minor update about current state

Post by user4164 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks for update Jeff, always good to hear that status quo continues (could be worse;) One point which I don't get: how is it possible that Simon has decided to communicate under the hood just with you and no one else? No official page, no single quote even from you, just describing what Simon thinks/do without really saying how you get that information. Right now all charges are basically dismissed so why isn't Simon communicating himself? Do you understand that this looks like you are really connected with him in the plot and this "nothing will happen until the thermal death of the universe" is the real plan Simon plays (and his gang)?

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Tue May 08, 2018 9:12 pm

user4164 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm
Thanks for update Jeff, always good to hear that status quo continues (could be worse;) One point which I don't get: how is it possible that Simon has decided to communicate under the hood just with you and no one else? No official page, no single quote even from you, just describing what Simon thinks/do without really saying how you get that information. Right now all charges are basically dismissed so why isn't Simon communicating himself?
I do not know if I am the only one but he sometimes replies when messaging him. From what I know he is reluctant to do so until it is confirmed the investigation has ceased. Why he, despite this, still answers me I do not know. Perhaps he reads the forum and knows I've been in touch with everyone?
user4164 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm
Do you understand that this looks like you are really connected with him in the plot and this "nothing will happen until the thermal death of the universe" is the real plan Simon plays (and his gang)?
That's one perspective. One which adds the polish lawyer and the german and polish prosecutor to his gang. If you have doubts about my integrity feel free to investigate the case yourself,contact the lawyer or even hire a lawyer your own. The more pressure on the prosecutor the better.

Izi

Post by Izi » Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks for the update.

Could you ask Simon to ask his lawyer to put out some statement that his client (Simon) has an honest intentions and will return the money to us when banks releases the accounts, plus some schedule and process on how it's going to be done? I don't see why this would be a problem, it's just a reasurance to us and posible money saving to him (in case someone is thinking of suing him, etc.).

It's the non-communication from Simon that is hard to understand and we are all getting restless since the money should be released a few months ago.

andrew1980

Post by andrew1980 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks Jeff for the update also. Agreed with Izi about the lack of communication. Perhaps it would be nice if the statement included some mention of the BTC (even if that's "I've changed my mind, I'm not giving them back anymore"...).

bruegge

Post by bruegge » Wed May 09, 2018 6:19 am

Thanks for the update Jeff!!

If you have any idea how we can speed up the case or help you, let me know!

ollie_p

Post by ollie_p » Thu May 10, 2018 3:59 pm

I don't mean to keep hammering the same point, but in your communication with Simon has his intention behind specifically the missing btc ever come up and if so what has he said? You say in your post you've received wordings from Simon on numerous occasions that he plans to return the funds, but surely when there's such a clear divide between fiat and bitcoin here you can see that using the word 'funds' is frustratingly ambiguous for the people missing btcs? Are we meant to assume these 'funds' includes btc balances or not? It would be helpful if this could be addressed the next time you do converse with Simon.

Either way, I appreciate the update as always and look forward to this hopefully being cleared up. Thank you.

yourdreamcreator

Post by yourdreamcreator » Tue May 29, 2018 4:04 am

Thanks for sharing...

Izi

Post by Izi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Any news?

It's been 2 months and nothing. Not ok, time is running out for Simon because I will have to press charges against him in my country. I hate to do this but there is really no other option. I waited long enough and no statement from him or his lawyer. Jeff, I urge you again and last time to get an official public statement from Simon's lawyer on this matter with dates and plan to reimburse us.

fod

Post by fod » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 pm

I agree that we are certainly due for an update. 7 months seems far too long for some lawyers to be notified of a case outcome. Is that really what we're still waiting on? Is the process really this slow?

However, I worry that pressing charges against Simon will only slow the process.