Page 2 of 2

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:21 am
by Izi
bernard75 wrote: I have done it for free by sending an email to the prosecutor, so have many others.
Have you got any reply at all from the prosecutor?

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:12 am
by bernard75
Yes, after calling i was told it has been recorded.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:42 pm
by btc24refund
I've forwarded this to the lawyer. Stay tuned.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 pm
by NorwayUser
How are things going, and how much would I have to pay to be a part of this? And how?
I have 31 BTC + 1671 Euro missing after the 72 % payout.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 am
by fod
We could probably send emails to the prosecutor ourselves, as bernard mentioned, but wouldn't having a lawyer be useful in other ways? Would a lawyer be able to more effectively push the case forward? And would a lawyer actually keep us updated with the progression? I know it's 800 EUR, but that seems relatively small for the amount we are claiming. Many people on here still have several thousand EUR still missing (myself included), so paying 80 EUR seems totally justified and reasonable if it will help to speed this process up and ensure that we are following the correct procedures.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:02 pm
by Broke
The more I'm thinking about this the more I'm coming to the conclusion that instead of wasting our money on polish lawyer we should get a german instead. Think about it:

* Simon is responsible for all this and he is not even here. We should simply find him and sue him.
* The Poland's case has nothing to do with us but with Simon and Simon alone.
* We should find Simon and make him responsible for our money disappearance by pushing him harder to talk with polish prosecutor. I don't think poor guy lost everything and has no more matter to go on. If not let's confiscate all his assets and sue him for everything that he got.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:47 am
by btc24refund
Broke wrote:The more I'm thinking about this the more I'm coming to the conclusion that instead of wasting our money on polish lawyer we should get a german instead. Think about it:

* Simon is responsible for all this and he is not even here. We should simply find him and sue him.
* The Poland's case has nothing to do with us but with Simon and Simon alone.
* We should find Simon and make him responsible for our money disappearance by pushing him harder to talk with polish prosecutor. I don't think poor guy lost everything and has no more matter to go on. If not let's confiscate all his assets and sue him for everything that he got.

The german lawyer is something I'm looking into with an other victim, but have nothing concrete yet to report. Hopefully end of the month.

No reply from the lawyer yet. I'll keep on trying.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:12 pm
by btc24refund
Received the following e-mail:

=====
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for delay in answering but I am on holiday. I can just say, that if this person has obtained the money release just on the base of an email I can award him a medal… Of course such things happen (as everything is possible) but form my point of view it is unrealistic and there is always a need to formalize and support a claim, therefore one hell of a lawyer is useful.

I am about to conduct many cases (each requires due care) so I need to have equivalent remuneration. So my offer stays the same.

Kind regards,

Jakub
====

I don't expect any lawyer will pressure a prosecutor for free. Also, I think it still has to be seen how much legal value an e-mail sent to the prosecutor will result into. Feel free to e-mail him, there's no harm in trying.

Re: [Mailing #39] Two options to proceed

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 pm
by btc24refund
At the moment we have enough people joining in on the legal action to continue. I've mailed the lawyer how to proceed from here in regards to registration/payment and the such.

Hopefully this will become more clear during this week and then the people interested in joining in, can sign up.

I've also asked the lawyer to elaborate his strategy and how frequent he will communicate his progress (or lack of)