[Mailing #67] Summary of the past 6 months

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #67] Summary of the past 6 months

Post by btc24refund »

Dear BTC-24 victims,

It's been more than 6 months since my last mailing. Developments have been slow and adding a pandemic to the whole doesn't help much either. To recap where we are currently; the Polish prosecutor has lifted the charges meaning the confiscated funds are now at Santander in Poland.

However, Santander keeps requesting more information and apostilled documents before granting Simon access to the funds. Simon was about to head over when a pandemic struck. After the funds are accessible, the plan is to transfer it from the "confiscated"-account to a regular bank account at Santander after which Simon says he will start handling claims.

Similar to my last mailing I will summarize the events that have taken place since my last mailing.

18th April
The power of attorney was denied since it was addressed at BZWBK (the former bank whom Simon had an agreement with) and not Santander. Apparantly Santander communicates vaguely and only replies when documents are not in order. The plan is still to head over to Poland

18th June
Situation is still the same. At the time there was a travel ban from wherever Simon was residing. I suggested going by train but He mentions being far away from Poland.

8th July
When entering Poland, there apparently is a 14 day state quarantine. Waiting continues untill travelling restrictions are less severe

13th July
Entering Poland from outside of the EU is banned; regardless of the before mentioned 14 day state quarantine.

31st August
Contacted Polish embassy to see if he can enter; would get back to me soon.

2nd September
Travelling to Poland is not restricted but still the 14 day quarantine applies. Also a permit is required. There was mention where the restriction would be lifted. The plan now is to travel to Poland in October or November. Upon return to wherever he resides, he would have to stay in quarantine but as he mentions he is willing to do so to finalize the case. Unsure at this point is if Santander bank requires more documents or if it indeed is only the power of attorney.

29th september
A special permit is still required and the 14 days of quarantine are also still effective.

10th November
News has come in that Santander will not provide a bank account for the released confiscated funds. Unclear at this point is wether the new power of attorney has been accepted and whether the funds are now accessible. Simon mentions that he is in the process of setting up a bank account at a different bank for "further distribution to the users". Once again we enter the "notarized and apostilled"-narrative

----

That is all I can tell at the moment. Naturally I've asked various questions in regards to this change of events but have yet to learn more. Unclear to me is why Santander does not provide a bank account; what kind of bank he has in mind; what is to prevent this transaction to be flagged as suspicious and various other questions. 

To be continued yet again.
Regards, Jeff

klingstorm

Re: [Mailing #67] Summary of the past 6 months

Post by klingstorm »

Keep up, Jeff :!:

Izi

Post by Izi »

We are exactly where we were 2 years ago.

Barth

Post by Barth »

Simon is playing for time. He does not want to be quarantined for 14 days ? well people don't want to be scammed.

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Keep up the good work.