[Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Post by btc24refund » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Dear BTC-24 victims,

For the past few weeks/month's I've been pushing our lawyer to push the Polish prosecutor into finally making a decision. As you all might know, this has been a very tedious process where we've landed from one frustration into the other. The bottom line being that the prosecutor was doing everything legally possible to stall the release of the confiscation. Mind you, since april 2013;
4,5 years.

Some of you couldn't stand it anymore and requested to be removed from the mailing list. I have to admit I did not comply to these requests. Since it is also your money I'm fighting for; you simply have to put up with my ramblings through these mailings.

I'm overjoyed to finally bring some substantial news that will change the prospect of our case:

The Polish Prosecutor has decided to cease any further investigations and will discontinue the whole proceedings.

Our lawyer has recieved this in writing from the prosecutor and this decision is final. No tricks, no scam, no nothing.

This means that Simon will have access to the funds probably end of this year. The next step is for him to return the funds. In an attempt to orchestrate this neatly and correctly I've been able to get in touch with him and from what I understand he seems very eager to put this nightmare behind him.
Since this news is hot from the press, this is all I can say at this point. In any case, the prospects are looking remarkably better than they've been in the past few years.

As soon as I know more, you will be the first to find out.

Cheerfull regards,
Jeff

Any donation is welcome at: 1EnHqiGKvdoLgjz57X9WmF24Bbu4YLFW98

comeno

Re: [Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Post by comeno » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi, thank you so much for giving us this incredible news.
Unfortunately, I'm not inside the group of people who have asked for early refund some time ago.

Yet, I still have my bunch of bitcoins to take back from my account. Any hope for people like me?

Thank you,
Marco

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm

comeno wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm
Hi, thank you so much for giving us this incredible news.
Unfortunately, I'm not inside the group of people who have asked for early refund some time ago.

Yet, I still have my bunch of bitcoins to take back from my account. Any hope for people like me?

Thank you,
Marco
In regards to bitcoin, I cannot say much since they weren't confiscated.
For people with BTC's your best bet is to see what happends from Simon's side.

As far as I understand, his lawyer(s) forbid him to talk in public since that might negatively influence the prosecutor's investigation. Now that a lawsuit from the prosecutor against Simon has been forfeited, I am expecting that he will at one point will start communicating again. These are all assumptions from my side though.

comeno

Post by comeno » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:16 pm

And where do you think he'll be starting to communicate again? This site maybe? Or do you think somewhere else?
Thank you!
Last edited by comeno on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klingstorm

Post by klingstorm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Jeff, good news again - thanks a lot!

ollie_p

Post by ollie_p » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:37 am

Hi Jeff,

So to confirm, this news is only to do with those people missing fiat balances, and this has been the main focus behind the case over this time?

The bitcoin were never under confiscation from the Polish government, and were actually in Simon's control? If not Simon's then who's?

Is there currently any direct action being taken to pursue the recovery of the btc that we've lost, and if so what has it been?

I understand Simon being legally advised to remain silent throughout this process and pressuring the Polish govt was pivotal in obtaining the funds they had confiscated. But if the btc hasn't been confiscated, then would a separate lawsuit made against Simon (or whoever does hold our btc) not have been effective in the recovery of the btc?

Apologies for anything I've misunderstood, and thank you for your time and efforts as always.

hitchhiker

Post by hitchhiker » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 am

Jeff - you're an incredible guy - well done for keeping the torch burning all these years.

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

ollie_p wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:37 am
Hi Jeff,

So to confirm, this news is only to do with those people missing fiat balances, and this has been the main focus behind the case over this time?

The bitcoin were never under confiscation from the Polish government, and were actually in Simon's control? If not Simon's then who's?

Is there currently any direct action being taken to pursue the recovery of the btc that we've lost, and if so what has it been?

I understand Simon being legally advised to remain silent throughout this process and pressuring the Polish govt was pivotal in obtaining the funds they had confiscated. But if the btc hasn't been confiscated, then would a separate lawsuit made against Simon (or whoever does hold our btc) not have been effective in the recovery of the btc?

Apologies for anything I've misunderstood, and thank you for your time and efforts as always.
I do not know if there are BTC"s from BTC24 and if he has personally control over them. All i can say is that the Polish authorities froze a bank account and this freeze is being lifted. What the future steps will be in regards to the freeze being lifted and how it effects (any potential) bitcoins under BTC24 remains to be seen. I do expect this to be clear on a very short term notice now the decision has been made to cease the proceedings.

As always, my goal is to resolve this as soon and as neatly possible for all users.

Izi

Post by Izi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Wow, fantastic news, but let's see if this will actually happen. Thank you for this information.

ollie_p

Post by ollie_p » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:20 pm

btc24refund wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am
ollie_p wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:37 am
Hi Jeff,

I do not know if there are BTC"s from BTC24 and if he has personally control over them. All i can say is that the Polish authorities froze a bank account and this freeze is being lifted. What the future steps will be in regards to the freeze being lifted and how it effects (any potential) bitcoins under BTC24 remains to be seen. I do expect this to be clear on a very short term notice now the decision has been made to cease the proceedings.

As always, my goal is to resolve this as soon and as neatly possible for all users.
OK, I will remain patient and see how this progresses then. But I do ask on behalf of all of us that are collectively missing a vast amount of bitcoin, if you could ask Simon at the soonest appropriate moment, to explain to you exactly what the situation is regarding these balances.

Thank you.