[Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
otsch

Re: [Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Post by otsch » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Unexpected news but let s see if it really is a step forward! And we should think about ways to organise ourself to receive our bitcoins back!

Any ideas how we should do that?

@Jeff: do you also still miss some bitcoins?/how did you get in contact with simon?

Broke

Post by Broke » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 am

Unbelievable and what a good news before x-mas! Was it that article in the press that changed prosecutor's mind - who know's.. anyway, good job and congratulations everybody who's been on the lines for these years.

We need a clearer communication with Simon and sort of road-map ahead.

1) Does Simon keeps our records from previous transactions while returning 78%? If so he can proceed quickly once funds will be released to him.

2) Jeff can we obtain a written note from prosecutor as a proof in case Simon will not respond's back to us.

3) Hopefully this time we do it right since everything is laid for us to finish our case.

scale

Post by scale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Awesome news. Thanks for hanging in there Jeff. Really appreciated.

@Jeff: Any chance you can bring up the issue/request for full transaction lists being exportable. Ideally the old trade, withdrawal and deposit ledger export.

Broke

Post by Broke » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:20 pm

So here we are. I believe if prosecutor agreed to release our funds he probably made a time line. We need to know that date in order not to miss the payments. Also I saw more recently all of these Bitcoin missing guys coming out of the shade after all this time and ridiculously asking where are their Bitcoins. I don't know if they are trolls or someone frivolously trying to stall our process. I've no idea why someone would come out after 5 years and ask's where is it? And I've no idea how they can prove legitimately they actually had something in their accounts. All these screen shots don't do much. While I'm disappointed over never returned Bitcoins to people I'm actually quite happy to get remaining balance repaid. This is it folks. We have to stand up now and get what we been waiting. The cash money is coming back to Germany from Poland and we need Simon to respond. If he will forget it we need to buckle up ourselves again before to late.

Oger

Post by Oger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:39 pm

@Broke
If the BTC24 database still exists, it also has all the relevant bitcoin data. If it doesnt exist, there also wont be any money returnings.
Screenshots help with verification, as - in addition to the password - they show stuff that only the account owner could know. They arent meant to proof how much money/btc you had.

psyclon

Post by psyclon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm

leave your email address if you are missing coins
Last edited by psyclon on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

psyclon

Post by psyclon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 pm

well...
Last edited by psyclon on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ollie_p

Post by ollie_p » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Add me on Skype - olliep32, and I will put you into our skpye group with others still missing btc where we are trying to formulate the best strategy possible to recover them. This extends to anybody else that sees this that are also still missing btc. There are currently 8 people in the group missing a combined total of over 87 coins. With you that's close to 100btc, and I'm sure there are many others who are yet to get in touch. Our latest plan is to wait and see what Simon says now that the Polish prosecution has backed down, and I hope Jeff will have this news for us promptly. But if there is no response soon, we will certainly be taking all the legal action we can against Simon.

fod

Post by fod » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 am

Indeed it is suspicious that many more people are showing up claiming lost bitcoins after years of opportunities to register with us. I think we should focus on continuing on the path we are on (recovering our fiat from the newly-unfrozen Polish account) before we start expanding our ambitions.

Sorry to those of you that didn't register earlier, but you had your chance to pay for a lawyer and legally file a claim years ago, as we all did. I wouldn't be hopeful about getting your bitcoin back, especially if you're just starting the process now. I would also think that it's unrealistic to expect to receive the bitcoin outright, instead of the value of your assets at the time of loss. So if you think you're going to get $50k for the 5 btc you had in 2013, good luck. Just please don't send Simon back into hiding with a bunch of lawsuits that have an extremely low chance of succeeding.

Anyway, I think we should cooperate with Simon as best we can if he does reappear. He obviously messed up terribly, but if he is willing to do his best to return our funds, we have nothing to gain from being hostile.

And thanks again to everyone that contributed towards making this happen. You are all awesome!

ollie_p

Post by ollie_p » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm

fod wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 am
Indeed it is suspicious that many more people are showing up claiming lost bitcoins after years of opportunities to register with us. I think we should focus on continuing on the path we are on (recovering our fiat from the newly-unfrozen Polish account) before we start expanding our ambitions.

Sorry to those of you that didn't register earlier, but you had your chance to pay for a lawyer and legally file a claim years ago, as we all did. I wouldn't be hopeful about getting your bitcoin back, especially if you're just starting the process now. I would also think that it's unrealistic to expect to receive the bitcoin outright, instead of the value of your assets at the time of loss. So if you think you're going to get $50k for the 5 btc you had in 2013, good luck. Just please don't send Simon back into hiding with a bunch of lawsuits that have an extremely low chance of succeeding.

Anyway, I think we should cooperate with Simon as best we can if he does reappear. He obviously messed up terribly, but if he is willing to do his best to return our funds, we have nothing to gain from being hostile.

And thanks again to everyone that contributed towards making this happen. You are all awesome!
Personally finding it v difficult to believe how obtuse the likes of you and 'broke' are being in regards to this situation. I have been following this case under the idea that this was for the recovery of ALL funds. I have private emails with Jeff in which bitcoins were discussed, and at no point have heard it mentioned that this case was completely dismissing the needs of those recovering btc for those recovering their remaining 28% of fiat balances. I don't know how much this 28% will equate to for you all, but between just the 12 of us in the skype group I've created we are pursuing the loss of 400btc. Given the value of this amount, we will be doing everything we legally can in this pursuit even if there's just a small chance of success. I suggest our needs are not negated, so that whatever legal action we take doesn't infringe on your fiat claims, and vice versa. Jeff, you've mentioned you have made contact with Simon. Can you PLEASE find out exactly what the situation is regarding the lost btc balances so that we are no longer left in the dark and know how to proceed. We will happily compensate you for your time, otherwise this could very easily result in another long and arduous legal mess that is good for no-one.