[Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
klingstorm

Re: [Mailing #57] You might want to read this!

Post by klingstorm » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Great Jeff!

Broke

Post by Broke » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Let's assume now Simon doesn't show up or let's polish prosecutor know that he is ready to take that money. Last time we've been told polish prosecutor lifted-up our case and is releasing cash. How long does it take for polish authorities to keep that money available for pick up and if Simon won't show up keep it for themselves? Well I'm sure there must be some time limits. If they say, - hey people here is your monies, common in and take it. And after some period of time if no one shows up they case will be dismissed and money transferred to their internal government needs.

user4164

Post by user4164 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:11 pm

I believe that's not how it technically works: money are in the bank on Simon's private account. These were "frozen" by government officials based on some court order (or similar document). If the reasons for the freeze are dismissed and bank receives official letter then again money and account are at free disposal of the owner, in this case Simon (because as far as I understood from Polish documents these are his private accounts, also BTC24 LTD was terminated in the UK earlier this year so there is no other choice I guess;) So there is nothing more to see I'm afraid.

That's also why I don't understand anyone claiming that prosecutor stopped investigation but Simon didn't "claim" the money back. If there is account on his name there is nothing to claim back, he normally uses services of his bank and can do anything without anyone knowing (normal bank in civilized country won't tell you any detail about bank account and transfers unless you are government official with court order). Am I missing something?

Izi

Post by Izi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Yes, this is a very unusual situation. I am also losing my patience and I hope Jeff makes some announcement soon, since Simon was supposed to go to the Polish bank at the end of March, 2+ weeks ago.

There is always a possibility of a civil lawsuit + reporting to police, but this would cost each of us a lot of money and additional years of waiting. A statement from Simon's lawyer would be highly appropriate at this stage, before any of us loses a hope.

Regarding dormant bank account, there are specific rules for each country, from seizure of the money after a period of time to bank imposing a fee until the balance goes to 0. Our lawyer should know this, but I doubt that this deadline is ticking while the account is blocked by the prosecutor.

Broke

Post by Broke » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:26 pm

How about we contact Simon's previous Germany law firm that basically dealt very professionally with 72% payout. I don't think that will cost us much and these guys were at least in the know zone.

user4164

Post by user4164 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 pm

@broke: I already did that 2-3 weeks ago and once they heard Simon's name they politely but very quickly hang up the phone. They simply claim they have nothing to do with him any more and they won't comment on anything (pay-out action in 2014 or further development of Simon's case). Other ideas?

QuattroFromaggi

Post by QuattroFromaggi » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Do you perhaps have more info Jeff?

comeno

Post by comeno » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi Jeff, thank you once again for your INCREDIBLE help. We've just received your last update, and needless to say, we hope for the best.

Do you think that for people like me, that still have BTC's, there's any hope to get some update from Simon? Any chance to unlock those bitcoins within the next move? Did Simon tell you something about the rest of the BTC's and their owners?

Thank you so much,

btc24refund wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm
comeno wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm
Hi, thank you so much for giving us this incredible news.
Unfortunately, I'm not inside the group of people who have asked for early refund some time ago.

Yet, I still have my bunch of bitcoins to take back from my account. Any hope for people like me?

Thank you,
Marco
In regards to bitcoin, I cannot say much since they weren't confiscated.
For people with BTC's your best bet is to see what happends from Simon's side.

As far as I understand, his lawyer(s) forbid him to talk in public since that might negatively influence the prosecutor's investigation. Now that a lawsuit from the prosecutor against Simon has been forfeited, I am expecting that he will at one point will start communicating again. These are all assumptions from my side though.