[Mailing #53] Current status

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #53] Current status

Post by btc24refund » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Dear BTC-victims,

It's been a while since the last mailing. As you know I've been able to give a statement regarding the BTC-24 at a local police station. This statement has been sent to the Polish authorities. I've been hammering our lawyer to give updates and he in his turn has been pesting the prosecutor to make haste.

This seemingly endless loop started in april and throughout the past months the standard reply was that the statement had to be translated before any further action could be taken. Recently I've finally received word from our lawyer that the statement has been translated but that the case also has been escalated to the Regional Prosecutor's Office in Szczecin but the same prosecutor is still in charge. On top of this the polish police is also investigating my statement. I am clueless why though.

The lawyer could not tell me what this escalation exactly means; he will try to find out as soon as the prosecutor is back from vacation. In the meantime he stresses that the most important progress is that the statement has been translated and that we can hopefully move on to the next step.

To be continues, as always....

Regards,
Jeff

klingstorm

Re: [Mailing #53] Current status

Post by klingstorm » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 pm

... it does move ... :-)

Broke

Post by Broke » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:14 am

They going to lose it. It's clear now that polish authority's trying to keep hold on the money by any possible means and they are loosing it. Sure, it's going to take time but at the end it's our money. And they know it.

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Broke wrote:They going to lose it. It's clear now that polish authority's trying to keep hold on the money by any possible means and they are loosing it. Sure, it's going to take time but at the end it's our money. And they know it.
I've said it before and I'll repeat it again; I made a promise to keep hanging on to our funds and that's exactly what I'm going to continue with despite we're reaching the 3,5 year mark. They're not going to keep that money, simple as that. ;)

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:23 am

A quick update; police investigation should end, end of september. I also have it on good authority that Simon's lawyer can't move on until the police is done examining my statement.

Izi

Post by Izi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Thank you, I hope for the best.

fod

Post by fod » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Sounds like awesome news! Thanks for the update!

phlogiston

Post by phlogiston » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:53 pm

Looks like Simon has started using his Bitcoin24 Twitter account again (first message since 2014):

"30. August 2016 - 09:00 UTC+2 Landgericht Berlin - Room 576

Your chance to see how the legal system works and what they think about Bitcoin"

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin24com

Broke

Post by Broke » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:23 pm

phlogiston wrote: Your chance to see how the legal system works and what they think about Bitcoin"

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin24com

What does it even means? What chance? Is he talking about the length of this case? Anyways September is almost ending. Our chance to see what polish police and prosecutor have done.

timoue

Post by timoue » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:28 pm

To clarify a couple of points: besides the case in Poland, Simon is still facing charges in Germany for "Verstoß gegen das Kreditwesengesetz". I was a witness in this trial a few month ago at the Amtsgericht Berlin Tiergarten. Simon's tweet was about the revision of this case at the Landgericht Berlin. His tweet was probably meant to invite people to be in the audience at the trial. However, I think that Simon may have gotten the month wrong because (to the best of knowledge) the trial was held on September 30th, not on August 30th.

I don't know what the outcome was of this revision. In my humble and non-expert opinion, Simon is not guilty of a "Verstoß gegen das Kreditwesengesetz".