[Mailing #51] First hearing takes place tomorrow.

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #51] First hearing takes place tomorrow.

Post by btc24refund » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Dear BTC24 victims,

A very brief update regarding our situation. Tomorrow forum user Timoue will have a hearing with a native prosecutor to answer the questions sent forward from the Polish prosecutor.

It is uncertain what questions will be asked but we are assuming they will most likely be identical to previously asked questions.

I myself am still awaiting a response from a native prosecutor in my country. I have contacted our lawyer again to see what we can do to double check the request has been received.

In any case, Timoue will report on the forum how the hearing went.

Good luck, Timoue!

Regards,
Jeff

timoue

Re: [Mailing #51] First hearing takes place tomorrow.

Post by timoue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi all,

as Jeff wrote, I have been interviewed by the German police in my home town yesterday. They received a list of questions from the Polish prosecutor that they should ask me.

The questions were old ones and new ones.

First, the prosecutor wanted to know my involvement with Bitcoin-24: how I found this platform, what transactions I did with them, what the purpose was of these transactions.
- In my case: found it on the we, sent money, traded, wanted money out, but platform went down.

Second, they wanted to know about the sign-up process, whether I had to send some proof of identification, what contract I had with Bitcoin-24, if anyone had contacted me personally, etc.
- No ID needed initially, no AGB, and only identification needed for the 72% payout in December 2013, only personal interaction was during identification with this Benjamin Schröder.

Third, they asked if there were any irregularities in the trading and how I was affected by those and whether I had reported the irregularities to the authorities.
- No irregularities from my perspective (except of course that I didn't get my payout), thus no reporting.

Finally, the policeman and I tried to untangle the last questions about some lawsuit supposedly filed by me against Simon in Poland. Apparently, the prosecutor in Poland thinks that I have filed a lawsuit against Simon (I have not, neither in Poland nor in Germany!). It was not entirely clear what this lawsuit is about, but it mentions money laundering and hacking bank accounts and stealing the money (I have NOT been a victim of money laundering and no money has been stolen from my account). Moreover, the damage in this lawsuit is much higher than my actual damage. This confirms the impression that the Polish prosecutor is incompetent: he 1) seems to have no idea what is going on and 2) is doing an especially poor job in this case, because he even gets the lawsuits and names mixed up.

From my perspective I have tried to the best of my ability to lay out the facts and answer the questions. I hope that this information will help the prosecutor understand what is going on and to ultimately close the investigation. Having seen yet another piece of the prosecutor's stupidity I get the feeling that this may take more time.

Best, Timo \mue

Izi

Post by Izi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:36 am

Thank you timoue.

At least some movement. But it's really sad that this prosecutor is the source of all our problems now. His speed is legendary. Three fucking years of doing nothing is just amazing.

Broke

Post by Broke » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks Timoue! Something is moving forward here. Wondering if prosecutor going to take a cut out of our money in order to cover up all expences involved during those 3 years...

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Broke wrote:Thanks Timoue! Something is moving forward here. Wondering if prosecutor going to take a cut out of our money in order to cover up all expences involved during those 3 years...
There's no legal basis for that; they've started the investigation after all.

Other news: I've requested information which prosecutor in my country will be handling the case since the courthouse has about 55 public prosecutors. I want to take up contact with him to pro-actively set an appointment but logically, I can't call all 55. The polish prosecutor has been requested to disclose the name. Naturally e-mail is not allowed, no, this requires a paper written request to be delivered to him. It's really getting absurd...

To be continued.

fod

Post by fod » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:59 am

Thanks for the updates!

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:08 am

Until this moment, I still have not received any word from the prosecutor in my country. I have contacted our lawyer again and he says international requests take time. So no news as of yet...

Izi

Post by Izi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Can someone who understand Deutsch please check the last few posts if there is some useful info for our case: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=175212.500;topicseen

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Izi wrote:Can someone who understand Deutsch please check the last few posts if there is some useful info for our case: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... ;topicseen
Google translate seems to suggest that the latest poster, 2weiX , was at the trial with Simon on the 8th February.

If anyone can confirm that is indeed what 2weiX meant, as that could be a very interesting point.

havalli

Post by havalli » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Admin wrote:
Izi wrote:Can someone who understand Deutsch please check the last few posts if there is some useful info for our case: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... ;topicseen
Google translate seems to suggest that the latest poster, 2weiX , was at the trial with Simon on the 8th February.

If anyone can confirm that is indeed what 2weiX meant, as that could be a very interesting point.
2weiX writes that he was in the trial as an witness yesterday. He spoke with Simon and also with other witnesses. The decision should be made yesterday, but the case was adjourned. He thinks it will be a acquittal.
In post #502 He also writes the name/reason for the trail: "violation, against the credit Banking Act"

You see, i understand Deutsch, but english not so well. ;-)