[Mailing #49] Prosecutor has finally been met

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #49] Prosecutor has finally been met

Post by btc24refund » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Dear BTC24-victims,

This week the prosecutor has finally been met by our lawyer. As you still recall, we have overwhelmed the prosecutor with our combined efforts to register ourselves as damaged party. The result of this was that the prosecutor had to interview each and everyone of us. This process could take years.

The impression the prosecutor gave was that he wanted to close this investigation as soon as possible and was not very eager to handle all these registrations as an tremendous amount of work would be involved. In reaction to this, all registrations have been dropped; save for two. We assumed the investigation would close quickly, having shown the prosecutor this could be a high profile case.

I am still registered and forum member Timou has also kept his registration. Initially one registration would be enough but having a independant second party monitoring my efforts and hearing the results firsthand from the lawyer is always a good practise in these delicate matters.

As mentioned, I have finally received word from the lawyer, who has visited the prosecutor personally. We hoped that the prosecutor would finish his investigation and then the outcome would be either a lawsuit or the case would be dropped. This is however not the case.

In short the prosecutor still wants to do an interrogation/interview with me and with Timou.
We both have already sent out a very broad and clear statement in regards to what events took place and how we all are involved in this mess. Apparantly this is not enough. It is unclear what the prosecutor wishes to learn more from us since we have written out the chronological order of events for him.

It is also unclear whether we can do this interrogation by videocalling or if we have to visit the prosecutor personally in Poland. We will hear the intentions within 2 weeks from the prosecutor himself.

Finally, after the prosecutor has conducted his interview, we are hoping to receive a "victim/witness"-status. With this status we will be able to get more information about the case and learn more if the case will be dropped.

In summary the money is still on the same spot it has been for more than 2 years. I'll leave it up to your interpretation if that's a good or bad thing but our eyes are still on the ball nontheless.

Regards,
Jeff

Broke

Re: [Mailing #49] Prosecutor has finally been met

Post by Broke » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:26 pm

I guess we can wait 2 weeks after waiting 2 years...

Right, let's give our prosecutor those 2 weeks if nothing is going to happened I'm going to look for a local polish paper.

Anyone with a good advice on that are welcomed.

btc24refund

Post by btc24refund » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Broke wrote:I guess we can wait 2 weeks after waiting 2 years...

Right, let's give our prosecutor those 2 weeks if nothing is going to happened I'm going to look for a local polish paper.

Anyone with a good advice on that are welcomed.
Might be a good idea to look already. Even though they say 2 weeks, I already have a feeling this won't be the last delay.

Broke

Post by Broke » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Yes, agreed. Need a good revision of what was going on all this time. If someone agrees to take our story in to account will you or someone else step up in front? First we need to find that paper.

papias

Post by papias » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:49 am

A publication of our case in a local polish paper should be a good idea.

fod

Post by fod » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:27 am

Thank you for the update, Jeff. I agree that contacting a local paper (or another media source) is a good idea. I'd be happy to help if I can (I only speak English).

AngryLadie51

Post by AngryLadie51 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello everyone!
I am in accord with the thought of contacting a Local News paper we need to wake up the public attention on this case from too much sleeping time and bad management from the authorities.I am glade to see that some of us are keeping fighting our rights.

QuattroFromaggi

Post by QuattroFromaggi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:52 pm

It has been more than three weeks now.. Did you hear anything on how the prosecuter plans to do the interview with you and Timou?

Izi

Post by Izi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:00 am

QuattroFromaggi wrote:It has been more than three weeks now.. Did you hear anything on how the prosecuter plans to do the interview with you and Timou?
I was wondering the same thing. Any news??

klingstorm

Post by klingstorm » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 pm

A brief status after another month would be nice ...