[Mailing #29] New forum online

Discussing the ongoing legal proceedings and all things relating to Bitcoin-24
btc24refund

[Mailing #29] New forum online

Post by btc24refund » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Dear BTC24 Victims,

With great joy I can inform you that a new forum is online. This new forum is under private control so cannot be taken down by shady clauses in the terms of service.

The forum can be found at: http://www.bitcoin24-victims.co.uk/

Very special thanks to Admin who has set the whole thing up!

Register today to stay in the loop on the latest developments.

Regards,
Jeff

Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Mailing #29] New forum online

Post by Admin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Welcome all,

It's good to have a forum up and running again.

If anyone has any questions, comments or feedback about the new forum / website please email admin@bitcoin24-victims.co.uk

Thanks

xmunglu

Post by xmunglu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:54 am

thanks guys appreciated ! has there been any word from Simon ?

davejc

Post by davejc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 am

Why did the old forum get closed?

Noj

Post by Noj » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 am

Hi guys :)

Is there any chances to get db data from old forum? All discussions are gone and it meens that all info about Simon's former activities are gone. The world must know what was done by him in the past and what to expect form his new activity.

MfoK1EFe

Post by MfoK1EFe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 am

Section 25(a) of boards.net TOS basically says we won't say why, we terminate your forum:

25. TERMINATION

(a) By ProBoards

WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, PROBOARDS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN PROBOARDS' SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.

spookyrufus

Post by spookyrufus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 am

Thank you for keeping this work up. I really hope all users from the previous forum will migrate to here and we'll be able to get to a solution in the future.
The fact that they shut down the previous forum without notice or explanation is outrageous and shameful. I wouldn't be surprised if pressure had been made (or worse) from BTC24 in order to achieve that.

I read there is a link for donations for hosting costs. Can we get to know what these costs are? I may be able to help there.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 am

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any word from Simon or BTC24 with any new developments.

As for the old forum, I made the mistake of choosing a free provider which meant the forum was at the mercy of them. Their vague terms and conditions meant they were able to remove the forum without warning, and without access to the database. I did query it with the support team and was just copied the terms and conditions. No explanation and they would not discuss it any further.

Now we have a forum which is on a paid domain and hosting, so we are not at the mercy of someone else.

If anyone would like to make a contribution to website costs, however small, they can do so by sending a donation to 128v4h9uLCYAAx1zmguMUeDiiXbv8sc9AB
All donations however small will be graciously received.

Hopefully we will get out BTC and Euros back soon!

peter

Post by peter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 am

Thanx for the work!
Glad to see a new forum for the Bitcoin 24 Victims!

Best regards
Peter

Noj

Post by Noj » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Admin wrote: ... I made the mistake of choosing a free provider which meant the forum was at the mercy of them.
Now we have a forum which is on a paid domain and hosting, so we are not at the mercy of someone else.

The only free cheese is in the mousetrap :) ProBoards showed themselves on the back side.

However, I have used freehostingnoads.net for some time and didn't notice anything bad. Maybe you would be interested to take a look at this free hosting provider? Also they offer free sub-domains, like MySite.t15.org
One more free domain provider is cu.cc In this case free domain looks like MySite.cu.cc I've been using their service for over year.